|A variety of exciting activities bring you in close contact with fascinating sea life and help you feel at home in the sea. All this will prove to be a life-changing experience.|
Snorkeling and Free Diving
contact with the underwater world, day or night!
- Glide over the shallows and spot marine creatures in their homes.
- Once snorkelling comfortably on the surface you may want to dive deeper.
- Expert instructors will introduce you to the secrets of free-diving.
- Experience drifting down over an octopus's garden and soaring back to the surface!
- A night snorkel can top off your daytime snorkeling and free-diving adventure!
- You will meet peculiar nocturnal species, not seen during the day.
For people over 10 years old. About 2 hours long.
Available during day or night.
Marine Life Touch Tanks
||Get hands-on experience with marine
Observe a variety of invertebrates like starfish, anemones, urchins, sea cucumbers and more in our touch tanks. Watch them move and camouflage on or under sand and rocks after seeing a short introductory video shot by our team. Animals which you probably knew only by their dried remains on the beach come alive as fascinating creatures.
For people over 6 years old. About 90 min. long.
|Rock Pool & Shoreline Exploration|
|Discover animals and plants with
special survival abilities in these easily accessible pockets of marine
Equipped with our investigation kit, have a closer look at animals, plants and their relationships. The event starts with a video introducing rock pool & shoreline communities.
For people over 6 years old. About 90 min. long.
|Sea Arts & Crafts|
|The Aegean perceived through art.
- Develop your artistic abilities in the steps of the ancient Greeks.
- Have a go at creating mosaics and paintings inspired by sea life forms.
- A variety of art media and techniques are introduced.
- Enhance your knowledge of the marine environment through our art & craft projects.
For people over 7 years old. About 3 hours long.
|After an exhilarating boat-ride,
you have the opportunity to visit some quiet beaches on nearby islands.
Visitors may choose an activity that suits them: sun bathing, snorkeling, swimming, diving, beachcombing or whatever else appeals to them.
An ideal solution for a family or group with diverse interests.
For people over 7 years old. About 4 hrs. long. Snack provided.
|Discover Aegean Sea Life|
|Our 5 day program for people with
a passion for the sea includes:
- Snorkel Diving in the shallows discovering marine life
- Examination of some interesting animals in our touch tanks
- Sea excursion with optional snorkelling and free-diving
- Discover Scuba Diving (Bubblemaker or Discover Scuba Diving Course)
in safe confined shallow water
- Night snorkelling with beach campfire
For people over 10 years. Available with or without accommodation.
See price list, under Family Packages.
Scuba Diving for Explorers of All Ages
A life-changing experience.
The fascinating way to explore marine life.
|Bubblemaker - Explorer|
| This program is made up of two segments:
~1 hr. theory & ~ 45 mins. shallow water dive in the sea.
-Detect and observe some creatures like starfish, heart-urchins and flatfish.
- Practice confidence-building exercises underwater and explore more sea life diving with your hosts in open water to a max. depth of 2 meters.
- This Scuba Diving experience is the very first step towards your scuba diving certification.
For people over 8 years old. About 3.5 hrs. long
|Discover Scuba Diving Course|
|This program is made up of two segments:
~1.5 hrs. theory
and 45 to 60 mins. Shallow water dive in the sea
- After practicing confidence-building exercises in safe open water, you will go on an explorer dive with your host to a max. depth of 5 meters.
- You will get the opportunity to try underwater photography.
For people over 10 years old.
Total about 4 hrs. long, to a maximum depth of 5m.
|Junior Open Water Diver|
| Discover the experience of feeling at home in the
sea and the freedom of moving in three dimensions.
The Junior Open Water Diver is a full certification course, during which youll learn the skills needed to move safely and comfortably underwater.
You will now be able to explore marine and cultural treasures of the Aegean Sea to a maximum depth of 12 m.
For people over 10 years old. About 8 hrs. of theory and 25 hrs. of practice spread over 5 days.
|Other Diving Courses|
|Please look for more diving courses
and activities offered by our affiliate, The
Aegean Diving College:
Programs meet PADI and CMAS standards.
Visit the Aegean Diving College online by clicking here.
All diving courses include an introduction to the marine environment and videos shot by our team locally.
|Marine "Treasures" for Divers|
|Certified divers are introduced to the Aegean Sea ecosystems and natural heritage by experienced marine scientists, archaeologists and naturalists
- Visit wrecks, caves and areas of ecological and historical importance.
- A video preview on Aegean marine environment and dive sites may precede your dive.
For people over 10 years old. About 4 hours long.
|To request more information or to make a reservation, please click here|
|Site Last Updated:
14 December 2005
© Octopus Sea Trips. All Rights Reserved.